Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm no Santa Clause

So I'm at the trail run yesterday. One of the regulars gets out of his car and starts railing on me. I mean he's just going off. "What's with all this sappy broken road shit on Facebook..."

It was funny even though it had me squirming a little bit.

He said, "you need a list of every single thing that you want from a woman right down to the size of there boobies..."

Really? Even the boobies?

He went on and on. "If there is anything about a girl that you go on a date with that is not on the list then you need to give them the boot right away. You can let them..." Aw never mind about that part.

He had some good points.

Indeed I have small "list" but I ignore it so I guess I really don't have a list.

Do I really need a a list? It makes PERFECT sense. Look for what you want and accept nothing less. Man, I wish it were that simple. Is it? Can it be? What would my list look like. Still not sure I want to take advice from a guy that has been married 4 times BUT he is VERY HAPPY NOW and with the person that he feels he is meant to be with. Is he right? What should my list look like?

In thinking about it the last 24 hours I no for certain that this is not who I am. I am way to emotional. I follow my gut. I fall in love for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time, to the wrong person. This is who I am. It makes sense to me but I am sure that I would disregard my list.

I am so templed to make a list right now for the fun of it....

OK, here goes nothing.

1. I must love them.
2. They must love me.

Phew. That was hard. That's really all I can think of right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment