Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Have the heart

Do you have the heart?

That was the question that I asked my self as my marriage was ended. Was the fight there? Did I have the heart to do what I needed to do to save my marriage? Indeed I did not. This is why today I am single.

What does that mean? What does it mean to "have the heart"? I don't know really. Is it something that you know if you see? Is it real? Is it a choice.

I just don't know.

Had this talk with a close friend yesterday. A choice needed to be made. A direction needed to be chosen. Path A is one way and path B is the opposite way. If you have the heart then you can choose A. If you don't have the hear then you HAVE TO CHOOSE B. It's all about heart.

It's like running a marathon. If your heart isn't in it then you aren't going to be successful; end of story.

But is the heart an option? Is it a choice?

Can you get out a marathon even if your heart isn't in it? Hmmm...

Isn't that what having your heart in it means? Well if your heart is in it on race day doesn't that mean that your heart is in it? Not if your heart wasn't in your training!

In a relationship you have to have your heart in it or you are doomed. Sure you can pretend for a while. It can work for a spell. You can pretend and you can even seem happy for a while.

At the end of the day, when the sun goes down and the dust settle all that really matters is if your heart is in it.

Love, lust, desire, connection....none of this matters. It all comes down to the question. Do you have the heart?

Well...do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment