Monday, January 31, 2011

Dade City Dreams

I was driving south down SR 301. I didn’t even realize where I was heading until I was there.

All of a sudden I was in Dade City.

My heart started beating its way right out of my chest. My breaths quickened. Right there, on a Saturday evening, driving in my car, geocaching my way to Alafia State Park… I was having an anxiety attack.

I didn’t know that this would happen. It hadn’t even occurred to me that I was driving through Dade City. I hadn’t occurred to me the way it would feel to be here again; it hurt.

This is the place that it all ended for me; the end of a short, but meaningful, relationship… with an amazing girl. 

It ended right here is Dade City.

The memories of that day and the months before still haunt me.

Every day now brings news experiences and new challenges. The hurts still runs… but not as deep. The feelings overwhelm… but not as much. The healing continues… but is not done. The memories of that day and the weeks that followed will be with me for the rest of my life but…the resulting hurt has continues to fade.

While in Dade City instead of finding tears I found a friend to text. She said this, “Eventually you will be able to say, “I loved her and we had good times, that book  got closed sooner that I think it should but only for a better one to be opened””. Good words from a good friend.

The sadness of a loss hurts. The prospects of the future heal. The tide has turned and the hurt is fading and the promise is growing.

I am so glad that I have a hero to lean on at these times when I need a friend. THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment