Tuesday, January 25, 2011

X next to wife

So I have been single (aka "not with my ex wife anymore) for almost 8 months. I have two quick observations about what I have observed.

There could be a lot more then two but today I have two on my brain.

There is an old Trace Adkins song that has an interesting line: "Still not used to putting "ex" next to wife".

It's funny because I never got that. I always thought it meant "X" as in I don't have one. Just recently I figured out that it meant "ex". Now that makes sense. The point is this: what do you call you "ex" or soon to be "ex" spouse. If you are married but separated do you still call them "wife" or "husband". I'm sorry but I think it is creepy when you are on a date and the lady refers to her husband. But if you are still "married" are they really an "ex". I guess not. The term husband makes sense but it just sounds wrong.

I think the implication is that there is still something there. I don't know. I've been called my ex wife my ex wife for a while or simply her actual name.

It's just kind of a weird thing that we divorced/separated people have to think about.

The other observation I am going to be a lot less wordy on. As a matter of fact it is going to be very short and not so sweet.

There are a lot of cheaters out there. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment