Friday, January 14, 2011

Alone in the frozen food section

So I do my food shopping on Sunday nights..alone. Always alone. Most things that I do I can manage to have a friend or a partner but the food shopping I always do alone.

I go to bed alone every night. I've slept alone for a long, long time.

Being single these are just things that I do alone.

Guess what?

It doesn't bother me anymore! True I don't want to go food shopping alone for the rest of my life. Someday I'd love to walk though the frozen food section and pick out dinners or lunches with another. For now though I am used to it and I feel content when I pick up my organic eggs and bananas.

Sleeping alone used to bother me. Not so much anymore. I go to bed when I want and don't worry about whether the light is on or it's too cold or too hot in my room. I climb into bed and go to sleep.

At a point in my life I am going to want someone to kiss good night and wake with in hte morning. I enjoy these things. Today, at night, alone....I am content.

I guess I am growing and learning. I am accepting my roll as a single guy and divorced father.

I have a routine with my son that works. I have an apartment with some decorations that is becoming a home. I have hobbies that I work on when I'm alone. I don't need another write now.

In the future things will change. For now it's just me or me and my boy. He's got his toys for dads house and I've got place for him to sleep.

Things are getting better and better as I make my way towards completeness and happiness. One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment