Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apparently sleep is last on the list

Building a relationship from the ground up is a rewarding process. It doesn't, however, mean that it's easy. Some things need to be sacrificed. For me it is sleep.

We have our own lives my girlfriend and I do. She has kids and I have my son. She has an ex and so do I. We have out hobbies and out jobs. As we start to make each others lives each others we have to carve out time for that. For us it's at night.

Sleep is nice and all but worth the sacrifice to build a relationship.

During the day she works. In the evening it's kid time for her.

During the day I teach or work. Evening are spend teaching, training, or bring my son to scouts and church.

Some weekends we both don't have kids. Then we get to spend time together. This is nice but neither one of use think it is enough.

What hours of the day are left. Well it's the nights. Sure I'd like to be in bed at 10pm to get up at 5am. Losing an hour of sleep to spend with my ladyfriend? That I'll do every night of my life.

Life can be a challenge. Life can be rewarding. Life can be a little of both. I choose to dwell on the rewarding part., I choose to focus on what is right and what is good. My new found relationship is good and it is right. Losing sleep several nights a week is a bad thing but who cares.

Spending an hour building the foundations of a special relationship.... yeah, that's what I choose to do. I am enriched by the process. I am optimistic and happy. Forward I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment