Sunday, October 3, 2010

On the path to meaning

So today I am happy with the path my life is taking. Contentment and true peace is a distance away but the foundation has been set. Today I feel like I am moving forward like I need to be.

I don't want to be in this spot in a year but this spot is nice for now.

There were some super hard and tough times in the last two weeks.

I hit a bad patch financially that hurt a lot. It's OK now because I have moved past that. Could that have been a low point. I certainly hope so. Doing what I do with the economy the way it is in the place that I live all makes for a tough battle to pay bills. I am blessed to have some skills in my bag of tricks. I'll be OK. No, I am going to thrive in the near future. I have faith!

My relationship with my ex has been very tense lately. I am not expert on this but I think this is normal. She has a lot going on in her life and I certainly aren't helping her feel better about things. While I am trying to keep the peace it is hard because the truth of the matter is that I am trying to move on. We are not married anymore. That reality has hit us both a little here and a lot there. We have both struggled. It is my hope that we can move past the anger and bitterness and get along for the sake of our son. It is a daily struggle. Today is good. Yesterday was OK. Most of the week was bad. I hope that I cam learning from my mistakes.

I went to the chiropractor the other day. He snapped my neck so hard that I yelped in pain. I felt bad that the other patients heard me crying like a school girl. Low and behold though my neck feels 10x better now. I've actually started biking again and may start running soon. My training has been sketchy at best since my Ironman so it is good to be on the right path there as well.

I posted an essay called "Lightning" a while back. While I don't want to talk about the details yet all I can say is that a long term lasting relationship sometimes involves taking steps forward and step backwards. Sometimes you are way behind but SOMETIMES you catch up.

Today is Sunday and the weather here in Florida is finally breaking. It's in the low 80's but the humidity is going down. Finally summer is over.

So even the weather is getting better. I think I'll go for a bike ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment