Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Falling in love

For years I have had a fantasy. I’ve had this fantasy for so many years that I can’t even remember the root of it. I have no idea when this started. I just know that I’ve have felt this way for a long time. My fantasy was me playing the guitar and singing. I used to drive in my car with the radio way up loud and singing my heart out. I knew I was awful but who cares. I would sign and pretend I was entertaining people with me voice and guitar.

It was all a fantasy. I can’t sing and I didn’t know how to play.

Well if you’ve read my blog in the past then you know it’s not true. I can sing and I can play.

When I think back on 2010 I see a ton of heartache and pain. I see a divorce, the death of my father, true hurt… the injuries. I see a lot of bad. There are lots of good times as well. (Believe you me, there will be a blog!!)

Pin me down. Go ahead and ask! #1 moment of 2010. What was it? Just like the countdown. Top 10 moments of 2010. What is the top moment of 2010?

Back story. I will eventually blog about the song that I wrote for the girl whom I cannot name. This song was an outpouring of emotion for a girl that would not talk to me; a girl that eventually loved me then left me. It was an amazing song that I refuse to sing ever again. Anyway…

One night I sang for her kids and they actually seemed to like it. The youngest asked me to play her mom’s song. The name of the song was “_____’s Song”. 

“Please, Mr. Rick can you play _____’s Song again?”

I have never felt so good about myself in my entire life. Thank you _____ for making me feel so special.
Now that I have learned that I can play I do! I don’t have the internet in my apartment but I do have my Blackberry and my ear. I listened a song and figured out how to play it. Yes sir, I learned a new song tonight.
Yeah, I am a sap at heart.

The song? “Falling in Love” by Lisa Loeb.

“The time between meeting and finally leaving is sometimes called falling in love…”

Healing doesn’t happen overnight. A day without tears I would call progress…

No comments:

Post a Comment