Friday, December 17, 2010
What I bring
As I venture into this dating world I want lay out what I bring to the table.
What do I bring to a relationship? Well.... I bring the penis.
Thanks for reading.
Here is what I bring to the table.
1. Honestly. I have little more than that. I know the error of my ways of my marriage and honesty was very high on that list. I will be honest with you about my intentions and the way that I am feeling.
2. I bring a 10 year old boy named Colby. No compromise there.
3. I am a runner and an athlete. That is my passion. Whether I find someone with that passion or not it is who I am.
4. I am a sensitive person. I don't like to be hurt and I don't have very thick skin. It is who I am.
5. I am divorced and recovering from a broken heart. These are different things and both left me with scares on my heart that I need time to work through. I doesn't get in the way of how I act or what I do BUT these are events in my life that happened and I will never change that.
6. I bring the unique combination of low self-esteem and confidence with arrogance that will be downright confusing. Again it is who I am but it is not a bad thing. It just is.
7. I am a personal trainer in a tough economy. I live alone and I pay my bills but I am not well off by any means. I do, howeve,r have a passion for what I do and love my job.
8. I have an intrinsic physical strength that, to be honest, even astounds me. I will try not try break you when I hug you. Yeah, it's weird.
9. I love to play guitar and think I'm better than I am. Same with singing.
10. I tend to start things and not finish them. Not a good quality.
11. When I fall in love I fall hard. If I do fall in love then I am devoted and true. Yes, I am the guy that everyone has heard about but never seen.
12. I live a public life with my blogs and on Facebook. If I am dating someone exclusively I will not release and publicize details of our relationship BUT I will stand on top of the highest mountain and point to you saying "THAT's HER!"
13. I bring a not perfect person to a relationship. I do, however, bring a person that has learned and continues to learn.
14. I am someone that will give as much as I can even when it doesn't come back (for a while. See #17).
15. I bring 4 bikes and some crazy goals that include climbing mountains and doing crazy things.
16. I bring me to a relationship. I bring my A game at all times. I bring energy and enthusiasm. I bring a positive attitude and optimism to a fault.
17. The last thing I bring is this: If I am committed to you and don't feel the same I will walk away because I have learned to value myself as a person. I am a good catch. I am someone that a lady is going to be lucky to have. I want to get married to a person someday that tells all her friends.... "THAT'S HIM".
That is what I bring.